Thank you for sharing your vision!
Your thoughts and ideas were given to a randomly selected Citizens’ Panel to distill the feedback into a Community Vision.
The Community Vision was presented to Council at the Council Meeting on 13th July 2021.
- Watch the Council Meeting here.
- Read the Community Vision here.
- Read the Engagement Report prepared for Council here.
Over 3,000 people got involved providing feedback via surveys, online workshops, township pop-ups, postcards and drawings.
Shire resident Marcus Van Camp was so inspired by the presentation of the Community Vision 2040 to council, he created this wonderful soundscape as a memento to mark the occasion.
Listen: Peninsula 2040 Memento
Creating the 2040 Community Vision
Shaping the Community's Vision for 2040
We asked for you:
- What do you want life to look like on the Mornington Peninsula in 2040?
- What do you love most about the Mornington Peninsula and want to protect?
- When you think about the future of the Peninsula, what is most important to you?
- If it were up to you, what would you change about the Peninsula?
So that we have a clear picture of what the community wants the future to look like.
Your thoughts and ideas were given to a randomly selected Citizens’ Panel to distill the feedback into a Community Vision to present to Council.
The Citizen Panel is a randomly selected group of more than 40 people who represent the community. They are tasked with taking all of the community feedback and distilling it down into a shared community vision.
The panel reviewed all the community feedback and referenced other council information to develop the community vision. The Shire empowered the panel to deliver the vision to Council and committed to use it to guide the development of the council plan and other key initiatives.