Welcome to the first Volunteering survey conducted by the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
In July and August we undertook a survey to help us improve volunteering opportunities.
This survey will help provide better resources to support volunteers and organisations in post-COVID recovery. Your feedback will be used to inform the future direction of our volunteering opportunities and support resources.
Research has shown the significant health and wellbeing benefits for volunteers, including:
- creating a sense of belonging to their communities
- the priceless gift of helping someone through service delivery
- assisting with programs/activities or events that enable vital social connections for people.
As we enter COVID-19 recovery we will be dependant on volunteers to assist with:
- encouraging people back into the social space
- increase our connections to each other and the community
- continue to deliver our essential services to those in need.