We asked what you thought about safety at:
- Briars Park trail where it crosses Craigie Road, Mount Martha
- Tuckey Track where it crosses Melbourne Road, Sorrento
- Dundas Street near the Avon shops in Rye
- Wilsons Road, Mornington - between Hampden Street and Orchid Avenue
These locations were selected as they have high traffic volume, speeds of 60-80km per hour and wide lanes - making it challenging for pedestrians and cyclists to cross safely. Crash data also shows safety is an issue at these locations.
This project is funded by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) as part of the local government grants program. Improvements identified by this project will be subject to funding and approval by the TAC.
The following principles will be taken into consideration during the design process:
- improved pedestrian and cycle networks
- well designed and located facilities
- improved road safety
Our Towards Zero Road Safety Strategy for 2020-2025 highlights the importance of improved pedestrian safety within the community.